My name is Bill James, USMA '72. I would like your help in answering the calls to action by eight US Presidents to end our foreign oil addiction. This will also significantly set in motion solving Climate Change.
The Service Academies, military services, and government agencies have uniformly violated the Preamble, post Roads, and No Preference clauses of the Constitution to create this duty failure. Link to an Open Letter to the leadership at West Point on why this failure is the 4th treason from West Point.
Constitutional documentation is provided at www.postRoads.com site. In short, the Boston Tea Party was a demonstration against the general government's transportation monopoly that triggered a war. To prevent rebuilding that path to war, states voted 8 to 3 to forbid Federal taxing for "internal improvements" (Federalist #45) beyond the minimum to defend free speech by assuring letters could be delivered on "post Roads". Twenty-one Presidential veto messages explain the clear text of "post Roads" and "No Preference" in the Constitution.
Unfolding Oil Famine caused by Federal violation of the Constitution:
- President Nixon, 1974, “At the end of this decade, in the year 1980, the United States will not be dependent on any other country for the energy we need. We will hold our future in our hands alone.”
- President Obama, 2010, "For decades we have known that the days of cheap and easily accessible oil were numbered...."
- We currently import 6 million barrels of foreign oil per day, 1/3rd of our consumption.
- US oil production is down 2 million barrels a day.
- Rig Count is half what is required to replenish depleting frack oil wells.
- It is highly probable that by mid-2022 the oil crisis will be painful. My wild guess is that by 2023 gasoline prices will replay the crisis of September 2008.
- If you can find some defect in my understanding of oil, please correct me. I would love to be wrong on this.
We can do a lot by facing the brutal facts and pulling together.