Eight Presidents delclared dependence on imported oil a threat to national security. Since then, oil imports have increased from 20% to 65%. JPods' intent is to break the institutional barriers that have created this Potato Famine potential.Call to Actions
Call to Actions(following copied from this link).
- In 1974, with 36.1% of oil from foreign sources, President Richard Nixon said, "At the end of this decade, in the year 1980, the United States will not be dependent on any other country for the energy we need."
- In 1975, with 36.1% of oil from foreign sources, President Gerald Ford said, "We must reduce oil imports by one million barrels per day by the end of this year and by two million barrels per day by the end of 1977."
- In 1979, with 40.5% of oil from foreign sources, President Jimmy Carter said, "Beginning this moment, this nation will never use more foreign oil than we did in 1977 - never."
- In 1981, with 43.6% of oil from foreign sources, President Ronald Reagan said, "While conservation is worthy in itself, the best answer is to try to make us independent of outside sources to the greatest extent possible for our energy."
- In 1992, with 47.2% of oil from foreign sources, President George Bush said, "When our administration developed our national energy strategy, three principles guided our policy: reducing our dependence on foreign oil."
- In 1995, with 49.8% of oil from foreign sources, President Bill Clinton said, "The nation's growing reliance on imports of oil … threatens the nation's security … [we] will continue efforts to … enhance domestic energy production."
- In 2006, with 65.5% of oil from foreign sources, President George W. Bush said, "Breakthroughs … will help us reach another great goal: to replace more than 75 percent of our oil imports from the Middle East by 2025."
- In 2009, with 66.2% of oil from foreign sources, President Barack Obama said, "It will be the policy of my administration to reverse our dependence on foreign oil while building a new energy economy that will create millions of jobs."
Read more at: https://www.cars.com/articles/2010/05/last-8-presidents-have-promised-independence-from-foreign-oil/#XJaUyib67gkhQrsX.99 Eight President CNBC on Foreign Oil as an Enemy. from Bill James on Vimeo.During the period eight Presidents declared imported oil a threat to national security and an enemy of the Constitution, Federal policy makers taxed the people and built infrastructures that mandated oil imports be increased from 20% to 60%. Violating the Constitution's "post Roads" restriction created a monolithic dependence on debt to buy foreign oil. This monolithic dependence repeats the monolithic dependence that resulted in Potato Famines in the 1840s. Syria is likely a model for the coming Oil Famine.