The unconstitutional Federal highway monopoly was used by the Governing to seek power from a Tyranny of the Majority. That majority sacrificed:
- Children by borrowing $79,030 (as of Jun 14, 2020) against the future labor of each to fund benefits beyond what was willing to be paid in taxes.
- Low-income Americans, predominately Black Americans, by repeatedly destroying their communities with highway projects to benefit the affluent.
- Bicycle/Race: Transportation, Culture, & Resistance
- Win ‘Policing the Open Road’ Book by Sarah Seo
- Policing the Open Road
- THE BATTLE OF LINCOLN PARK: URBAN RENEWAL AND GENTRIFICATION IN CHICAGO
- Snob Zones: Fear, Prejudice, and Real Estate
- Bleeding Albina: A History of Community Disinvestment, 1940‐2000
- Heat Wave, A SOCIAL AUTOPSY OF DISASTER IN CHICAGO
- The Origins of the Urban Crisis: Race and Inequality in Postwar Detroit
- Just Transportation: Dismantling Race and Class Barriers to Mobility
- FAMILY PROPERTIES, How the Struggle Over Race and Real Estate Transformed Chicago and Urban America
- Environmental Inequalities, Class, Race, and Industrial Pollution in Gary, Indiana, 1945-1980
- People before Highways
- Highway Robbery: Transportation Racism and New Routes to Equity
- The Role of Highways in American Poverty, They seemed like such a good idea in the 1950s.
- google: racial bias of federal highway programs