Which of the following Is Legal Operation of a Pwc in Pennsylvania Boat Ed

Don`t underestimate personal watercraft – they are very powerful due to their small size and require the same respect as any boat. In fact, PWC operations must comply with the same rules and regulations as any other powerboat – including state registration and a B-1 class fire extinguisher on board. A certificate of ownership is a legal document that proves ownership. To obtain a vessel title, the vessel owner must contact the CBFP. The title fee is $15 and an additional fee of $5 may apply if there is a lien on the boat. The fee for a double title is $5. All boaters or passengers 12 years of age and under on a vessel less than 20 feet in length, as well as canoes and kayaks of any length, must carry an approved PFD while cruising. Boaters with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or higher are suspected of operating under the influence of alcohol (BUI). Boating under the influence of alcohol is a serious offense in the state of Pennsylvania and is punishable by up to two years in prison, loss of boating privileges for one year, and/or fines of up to $7,500. Also note that the owner of the boat must obtain his boat title before he can obtain his certificate of registration of the boat. This requirement applies to: All vessels propelled by machinery, including gasoline, diesel and electric engines, and operating primarily in Pennsylvania waters must be registered by the CBFP and receive a Pennsylvania Vessel Registration Card.

Documented pleasure craft such as yachts must be registered as well as sailboats that use gasoline, diesel or electric engines as auxiliary power. From November 1st to November 30th. At midnight in April of the following year, persons carrying a Coast Guard PFD have approved I, II, III or V when navigating or anchoring on boats less than 16 feet in length or in a canoe or kayak. Non-motorized vessels do not need to be registered – unless they are launched in lakes and Commission access areas or Pennsylvania State Parks or if required by the owner (e.g., U.S. Army Corps of Engineers). The Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission is responsible for regulating the boat laws of the State of Pennsylvania. Vessel owners must have a Temporary Vessel Registration Certificate for at least 60 days before they can operate in state waters. After receiving a vessel`s Certificate of Registration, please note the following: The Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission requires at least one Type IV approved PFD (ring buoy OR seat cushion) approved by the U.S.

Coast Guard on all pleasure craft 16 feet or longer in length, in addition to the portable PFD required for each person on board all vessels. The Type IV PFD shall be immediately available on board the vessel. Exceptions to this requirement are personal watercraft, canoes and kayaks. The vessel`s registration certificate, validation sticker and title can be obtained by submitting the appropriate application and fees to an authorized vessel registration agent or to this address: the title of your vessel also offers certain advantages. Having your boat titled will make it easier for you to get a loan and deter boat theft. In the event that you sell your vessel, a title assures potential buyers that you are the obvious owner. “Zero tolerance” prohibits persons under the age of 21 from consuming alcohol and operating a vessel with an alcohol content greater than 0.02%. Personal watercraft can only be used between sunrise and sunset. Ships duly registered in another state do not need to be registered in Pennsylvania until they operate in Pennsylvania waters for more than 60 consecutive days. Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission Licensing and Registration Division P.O.

Box 67000 Harrisburg, PA 17106-7000 In Pennsylvania, anyone using a personal watercraft must be at least 12 years old. CBFP Waterway Conservation Officers have the authority to arrest and test a vessel operator if they believe there is reasonable suspicion.